Boost to German morale raises hopes for end to eurozone recession
Tuesday 25 June 2013
Hopes that the eurozone can pull out of its lingering recession were boosted yesterday when German business morale rose for the second month in a row.
Despite heavy flooding in parts of Germany this month, the closely watched Ifo business climate index, which surveys 7,000 firms in Europe's largest economy, rose from 105.7 to 105.9, potentially heralding much stronger growth in the second half of the year as export hopes improved sharply.
The eurozone has been stuck in recession since the end of 2011.
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
Jennifer Lawrence face palms Emma Watson at Christian Dior show in Paris
Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2014: Briton critically injured in San Fermin festival
Elephant 'cries' while being rescued after 50 years of abuse in India
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
iJobs Money & Business
£250 - £295 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Financial Accountant - IFRS - Glouc...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited:...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: SThree, International Recruitme...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - 6 Months Fix...