BP sells Argentine venture for £4bn
Monday 29 November 2010
BP is selling its stake in the Argentina-based oil-and-gas company Pan American Energy (PAE) to its joint-venture partner for $7.06bn (£4bn) as part of a disposal plan designed to raise cash to pay for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
BP's 60 per cent interest in PAE is being bought by Argentina's Bridas Corp, which already owns 40 per cent in the venture. The deal is expected to be completed in 2011, and takes the oil giant's total sell-offs since the spill to $21 billion.
Bridas is half-owned by China's CNOOC. The deal shows the ambition of Chinese state-owned firms in the international energy sphere.
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
NEGOTIABLE: Austen Lloyd: TRUST ACCOUNTANT - KENTIf you are a Chartered Accou...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + OTE £30000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 b...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - Law Costs Draftsperson - NICHE...