BP sells Wyoming gas fields to Linn
BP has agreed to sell its interest in the Jonah and Pinedale gas fields in Wyoming for $1bn (£643m) to the US hydrocarbon producer Linn Energy.
Bob Dudley, BP's chief executive, said the sale would allow it to offload some of its "mature" assets and reinvest the cash "in higher growth opportunities in BP's North America gas business and elsewhere".
"We are actively managing our portfolio of assets and businesses worldwide, focusing our investment on future growth in BP's areas of strength," Mr Dudley said.
Under the agreement, BP is selling its operations centre in Sublette County, Wyoming, and its interest in about 260 wells with natural gas production of 80m cubic feet of gas a day. The disposal brings the value of BP's divestments since the start of 2010 to about $24bn.
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
iJobs Money & Business
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...