B&Q's sales are really under the weather
Kingfisher's DIY chain B&Q has followed rival Wickes in reporting a slump in UK sales after January's heavy snowfall.
Europe's largest home improvement retailer performed strongly in Russia and China, but a 6.4 per cent slump in UK and Ireland sales in the fourth quarter, to the end of January, capped a year to forget for Kingfisher in Britain, where it was also hit by the summer washout.
But total sales rose 1.5 per cent to £2.4bn in the period and the company said its full-year results, due next month, would meet forecasts.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...