British return to Euro Disney
Sunday 08 May 2011
Euro Disney is expected to announce an increase in British visitors next week, a sign that the theme park group has started on its trail back to profit.
After French tourists, the British are the main visitors to Disneyland Paris. But only 1.7 million Britons visited in 2010, down from a pre-recession high of 2 million. Euro Disney will announce its first-half results on Tuesday and is expected to make "a loss retreat", said a source close to the company. Euro Disney, which trades 50.2 per cent of its shares on Paris's Euronext exchange, made a €45.2m loss last year.
Its chief executive, Philippe Gas, is keen for the British market to grow for the first time in three years, though numbers are unlikely to return to the 2 million high yet. One way would be to sell packages in pounds rather than euros, giving British tourists a hedge against currency fluctuations.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...