Britvic withdrawal blow may cost it £5m
Britvic's withdrawal of its popular Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro children's drinks will cost it up £5m.
Britain's biggest soft drinks manufacturer said all the drinks under these brands would be recalled in the UK and France after a new "magic cap" designed to ensure it doesn't spill was found to be faulty.
In some cases the cap had become detached from the bottle.
The company warned its shareholders the recall would cause a "material" dent to its profits, of between £1m and £5m. The drinks are marketed as a healthier alternative to carbonated soft drinks. The shares fell as much as 6 per cent.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...