Builder Mace hits heights
Thursday 21 February 2013
The British project manager behind London's Shard skyscraper has landed a prestigious deal to oversee the construction of the world's tallest building in Saudi Arabia.
The $1.2bn (£790m) Kingdom Tower will loom at least a kilometre over Jeddah as the building overtakes Dubai's 828-metre Burj Khalifa as the globe's highest skyscraper. Mace, already responsible for Europe's tallest building in the Shard, will manage the Saudi development in a joint venture with construction consultant EC Harris.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with institutional client serv...
£120000 - £150000 per annum: Cornwallis Elt : Programme Manager, Strategy Lead...
£55000 - £120000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Financial Services Tran...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: Client based in West London is looking ...