Burberry chief bags £15.6m after shares deal
Angela Ahrendts, the chief executive of Burberry, pocketed £15.6m last year after she cashed in long-term share awards and picked up a hefty bonus, following storming growth at the luxury fashion brand.
She also received a clothing allowance of £25,000, as part of her benefits package of £76,000 that also includes pension, private medical insurance and life assurance contributions.
These benefits formed a small part of Ms Ahrendts' total pay of £3.69m last year, with the bulk coming from her salary of £990,000 and bonus of £1.98m.
Boosted by the rise in Burberry's share price, she sold £11.9m of shares last year, most of which were granted to Ms Ahrendts for free under long-term incentive plans.
The 156-year-old fashion house grew its pre-tax profits by nearly a quarter to £366m for the 12 months to 31 March.
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: A fast growing Financial Services organisation b...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits: Harrington Starr: An award-win...