Burberry ends perfume deal
The luxury brand Burberry has terminated an agreement with its French perfume licensee as it keeps its options open on how to manage the business in future.
Burberry will pay Paris-based InterParfums about €181m (£142m) to terminate the deal from December. But it is continuing discussions with the company about how to structure a new deal. It said the outcome of discussions is "uncertain". Termination of the agreement leaves Burberry open to pursue other options if a deal cannot be struck with InterParfums.
Burberry said it had taken the decision to end the contract "to maintain flexibility in pursuing its objective to develop fully this business in the future".
The British brand has been renegotiating a number of contracts and licensees in a wholesale shake-up of its global business in order to give Burberry more control of how its products are sold to customers.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Pension: Orgtel: Quantitative Analyst, ...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...