Business bounces back in January
Monday 14 February 2011
Regional business activity in England recovered strongly in January after the December snowfall, according to Lloyds Banking Group's regional purchasing managers' index.
Output and work levels picked up in all nine areas of England last month, with the South-west topping the regional growth table, followed by Yorkshire and Humber. Employment levels were also up, though rising raw material inflation was causing some businesses problems.
John Maltby, at Lloyds TSB Commercial, said: "January's data shows a healthy rebound in business activity after the snow at the end of last year."
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...