Carillion steps up cost-cutting effort
Monday 15 November 2010
Carillion, the construction and support services group, is to slash its supplier base from 25,000 to just 5,000, in an effort to save £140m a year by 2013.
In the wake of government pressure on public sector suppliers to deliver savings, Carillion has already saved £42m through its Step Up efficiency programme and will transfer to an electronic invoicing system to save a further £86m next year. Carillion is one of the 34 "second tier" suppliers to central government to hold recent talks with the Cabinet Office.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...