Chuggington is on the right lines for Ludorum
Saturday 15 June 2013
Move over, Thomas the Tank Engine – rival children's TV show Chuggington has not given up on its journey to conquer the world and become "the premier evergreen pre-school global train property".
That's according to Ludorum, the firm behind Chuggington, which yesterday said its animated show has now been licensed in 175 countries.
Chuggington is the fictional town where trainee engines, known as Chuggers, learn to work on the railways. The show, which debuted on the BBC in 2006, launched in Brazil in March and there are plans to roll out in China.
Ludorum swung to a pre-tax loss of £152,000 on a 15-month basis but unfavourable seasonal factors were largely to blame as the group changed its financial year.
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
iJobs Money & Business
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you passionate about sale...
£25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A large financial services company...
£20400 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and highly reputable organisat...