Chuggington is on the right lines for Ludorum
Saturday 15 June 2013
Move over, Thomas the Tank Engine – rival children's TV show Chuggington has not given up on its journey to conquer the world and become "the premier evergreen pre-school global train property".
That's according to Ludorum, the firm behind Chuggington, which yesterday said its animated show has now been licensed in 175 countries.
Chuggington is the fictional town where trainee engines, known as Chuggers, learn to work on the railways. The show, which debuted on the BBC in 2006, launched in Brazil in March and there are plans to roll out in China.
Ludorum swung to a pre-tax loss of £152,000 on a 15-month basis but unfavourable seasonal factors were largely to blame as the group changed its financial year.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
iJobs Money & Business
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers a range of ...
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer Service Advisors are r...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree were established in 1986....
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...