City cull sends Hays' UK arm into the red
A City jobs cull has left the recruiter Hays struggling badly at home as its UK arm crashed into the red last year.
With investment banks laying off thousands of staff, Hays has cited "particularly difficult" conditions for recruiting in banking and the City. The UK division, which accounted for 30 per cent of Hays' £734m fee income, slipped to a £6.5m operating loss in the year to 30 June.
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.