Clinton Cards boss to refurbish stores and supply lines
Darcy Willson-Rymer, the chief executive of embattled high street favourite Clinton Cards, is looking at revamping shop layouts and streamlining supply lines as part of his strategic review.
Mr Willson-Rymer, who will this week issue a trading update on what has been a bleak Christmas for the high street, believes the shops are dated and that the way cards and gifts reach stores is inefficient. At present, the company's 17 major suppliers deliver to each of its 800 shops, which takes up staff time and could be centralised.
Mr Willson-Rymer, formerly Starbucks' managing director of UK and Ireland, joined Clinton last year with a remit to turn around the business. His review is also looking at customer service and opportunities to sell cards online.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...