Couple with the Midas touch open new concessions
Sunday 26 July 2009
Annoushka Ducas and John Ayton, the couple who sold Links of London for £50m two years ago, are defying the recession and opening their new jewellery concessions in 11 shops this Wednesday.
After making their fortune from selling Links at the top of the market, the couple went on to buy the Pascal jewellery business – first founded in Liberty's. They are rebranding the company as Annoushka and will have concessions in stores in Dublin, Belfast, Leeds and Manchester as well as flagship concessions in Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and Harrods.
Ms Ducas, who cites her Russian heritage as the driving force behind her jewellery designs, says they are confident of making £10m turnover in the first year.
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...
£50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: DevOps Engineer (Systems Administration, L...
£60000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A prestigious leading professiona...