Cranswick pork gets US import approval
Tuesday 17 May 2011
Cranswick, a major supplier to UK supermarkets, has secured approval to export its pork products to the US.
The group, which supplies pig products for the Jamie Oliver brand as well as Sainsbury's and Tesco, has received accreditation from the US Department of Agriculture to supply to the country with fresh pork produced near Hull. The facility re-opened in January after a £13m revamp which took three years to complete. The news came as Cranswick posted an 8 per cent rise in pre-tax profits for the year to 31 March to £47.1m, as underlying sales rose to £758m.
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + bonus & benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Business Syste...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...