Crisis aims to raise £600,000
Crisis is looking to raise £600,000 from businesses signing up to its Christmas e-cards campaign. The homeless charity funds 10 centres in London that will provide food and services for 3,000 homeless people between 23 and 30 December. The number of rough sleepers in the capital has risen by more than 40 per cent in the past year to 5,678, according to Crisis.
Companies can sign up to the campaign, which has raised £9m since it started in 1995, at christmascard.crisis.org.uk.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Pension: Orgtel: Quantitative Analyst, ...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...