Daily Mail editor's pay falls over £1m
Friday 13 January 2012
The Daily Mail's editor-in-chief Paul Dacre saw his pay and perks package fall more than £1m to £1.73m last year.
Mr Dacre's basic pay rose by £57,000 to £1.69m. But he received no bonus, unlike a year earlier when his package was boosted by a one-off, £1m payment to recognise his long service with Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT).
It has been keen for the 63-year-old Mr Dacre, who has been the Daily Mail's editor since 1993, to stay at the helm, and agreed two years ago to hike his basic pay by £500,000 for each year he continues until he is 65.
The DMGT annual report also showed that Peter Williams, who retired as finance director last year, saw his package jump to £1.53m from £1.22m a year earlier. Mr Williams was handed an extra, discretionary bonus of £425,000 for his "long and distinguished service".
Padraic Fallon, chairman of Euromoney Institutional Investor and a DMGT director, earned £5.38m against £4.89m after a strong year.
DMGT's chairman Viscount Rothermere saw his package fall to £1.17m from £1.31m.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£850 - £1000 per day: Orgtel: Programme Change Manager - Banking - London - £8...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...