Debenhams signs refinancing deal
Tuesday 20 July 2010
Debenhams has completed the refinancing of its debts ahead of schedule by signing a £650m credit facility.
Britain's second-largest department stores group said the new deal, which will start in April 2011 when its existing facility expires, would comprise a £250m loan and £400m revolving credit facility that expires in October 2013. Interest fees are set to fall from 7 per cent to 4.5 per cent.
Chris Woodhouse, the finance director, said yesterday: "The new facility puts Debenhams on a strong footing for the future ... Debenhams continues to be a highly cash-generative and profitable business and we expect to continue our programme of net debt reduction over the coming years."
Debenhams' net debt last year was £927m. In April, it said this had been reduced by 45 per cent to £512m, largely as the result of a rights issue.
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: A fast growing Financial Services organisation b...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits: Harrington Starr: An award-win...