Delay in City watchdog's report on the rescue of RBS
Monday 07 March 2011
The long-awaited Financial Services Authority report into the events leading up to the rescue of the Royal Bank of Scotland is likely to be delayed until next month.
The City watchdog came under immense political pressure, facing criticism from the Chancellor, George Osborne, the Business Secretary, Vince Cable, and Andrew Tyrie, the chairman of the influential Treasury select committee, after deciding against publishing the report last year.
In December, the FSA finally said it would seek to make the findings public and a report on the confidential inquiry into the near-collapse of RBS at the height of the financial crisis in 2008 was expected this month.
But it emerged at the weekend that publication was likely to be pushed back to April, potentially sparking renewed concern among politicians. The RBS rescue was one of the darkest moments of the financial crisis, leading to the taxpayer ending up with an 83 per cent stake in the bank.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...