Delayed shipment hits Diageo growth
Thursday 18 October 2012
Diageo, the world's biggest spirits group, said a postponed duty-free shipment and a weak South Korean market hampered quarterly trading.
The duty-free shipment to the Asia-Pacific region, which accounts for 14 per cent of its sales, came in the following quarter. It was likely to have knocked 2 to 3 percentage points off growth, the Shore Capital analyst Phil Carroll said.
In the three months to the end of September the Guinness brewer saw net sales growth of 5 per cent, while volumes were up 2 per cent, despite Europe's sales being down 1 per cent on last year.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...