Demand takes off for Euro airlines
European airlines enjoyed a 9 per cent surge in demand for tickets in March, fuelled by expanding European exports to Asian economies and more business travel.
The latest figures from the International Air Transport Association said global traffic rose 7.6 per cent in March. Demand for freight transport climbed a fragile 0.3 per cent compared with a year earlier.
The figures are compromised by the fact that in March 2011 the Arab Spring and Japanese tsunami disrupted travel. Iata said the year-on-year rise in air travel in March was about 2 per cent higher than it would have been without the two events.
"passenger demand is holding up well," Tony Tyler, the chief executive of Iata, said. "But this is bringing little relief to the bottom line because yields are not keeping pace with the continued very high price of oil."
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: The SThree group is a world lea...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000 first year: SThree: The SThree group i...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...