Dispute over Finsbury eggs claim
Saturday 22 January 2011
Finsbury Food, whose Memory Lane cakes business was caught up in this month's toxic eggs scare, is in dispute with said insurer over its claim for product withdrawal costs.
Finsbury saw retailers pull its products from shelves amid concerns they contained liquid eggs imported from Germany and were potentially contaminated with dioxin.
The Food Standards Agency said at the time there was no safety risk from eating the products and Finsbury said its insurer had challenged its claim for costs. It said the scare led to a "challenging" start to its second half-year, while it also battles rising input costs and cautious consumer spending.
However, its revenues in the first six months rose 6 per cent thanks to a 14.5 per cent surge in sales across its bread and "free from" division.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
iJobs Money & Business
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers a range of ...
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer Service Advisors are r...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree were established in 1986....
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...