DMGT in Games revenue boost
Daily Mail and General Trust's national newspapers saw advertising jump 7 per cent in July and August because of the Olympic Games.
Finance director Stephen Daintith said display revenues at the flagship Daily Mail should also be up 3 per cent in September – the fourth successive month of growth.
"I don't know when that last took place but it was several years ago," said Mr Daintith, adding: "It remains very difficult to call October, November and December."
DMGT said full-year profits are on track, with group revenues up 3 per cent. The company's net debt is set to fall below £700m from £1bn three years ago.
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Scores killed including seven primary school children as massive tornado causes widespread damage in Oklahoma
David Cameron offers review of civil partnerships as gay marriage Bill clears major hurdle
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Gove...