Dome doom: Talks over sale of O2 Arena collapse
Sunday 21 June 2009
Plans to sell London's Millennium Dome where plunged into disarray when Middle Eastern investors pulled out of talks to buy the venue at the 11th hour.
It's believed that the unnamed bidder quit the race to buy the 99-year lease on the 02 Arena over concerns about the lease structure. A source close to the process said: "The structure means the amount of money anyone can make out of it is capped. It needs a re-think."
The sale of the lease by Meridian Delta Dome Limited, a joint venture between Quintain Estates and Lend Lease, is expected to fetch the pair more than £30m.
Savills and Michael Elliot are the property agents running the sale of the Dome.
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
iJobs Money & Business
£17000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity to join this new...
£18000 - £21000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
£36000 - £44000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Encouraging more businesses to ...