EDF hikes gas and electricity prices
Friday 04 February 2011
EDF Energy has become the last of the big six suppliers to announce a tariff rise as it called an end to its winter price freeze on 2 March. Standard tariffs for electricity bills will rise by an average 7.5 per cent, and gas bills will increase by an average of 6.5 per cent.
EDF, which has 5.5 million customers in the UK, held its prices through the coldest December on record as part of its winter price freeze.
But analysts at Consumer Focus noted that the firm had raised its electricity prices in October, and its March price rises are higher than those of most other suppliers.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...