Emap boss David Gilbertson picks up £2.4m farewell
Thursday 14 June 2012
Emap, the debt-laden events and magazines group recently renamed Top Right Group, gave departing chief executive David Gilbertson a £2.4m payoff.
He left in May 2011 and his salary in the previous year was £600,000.
The payoff was contractual but is large given that Mr Gilbertson joined only three years earlier. His total package last year was £2.8m.
Guardian Media Group and Apax recruited him after paying £1.1bn for Emap just before the 2008 bank crisis. They took a writedown as Emap's value plunged and Mr Gilbertson renegotiated with lenders to avoid breaching loan covenants. The group is showing some signs of recovery as pre-tax profits doubled to £52m last year.
The group sold its car data unit CAP for £175m last month.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
iJobs Money & Business
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers a range of ...
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer Service Advisors are r...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree were established in 1986....
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...