Energy switchers boost website
Higher energy prices have not damaged everyone's household finances: those with shares in the websites advising people on switching to other suppliers are making big profits.
The biggest price-comparison website, Moneysupermarket, yesterday saw its shares surge 16 per cent after it said the rush of customers looking to switch from Centrica and the other big energy firms had pushed revenues for the current quarter more than 25 per cent higher than a year ago.
Faced by price rises of 9 per cent and more, well over 100,000 householders swapped their energy supplier through Moneysupermarket since the price-rise announcements started last month. Moneysupermarket makes a fee from referring customers.
Other sites also benefited, with Quidco saying it saw nearly double the number of energy deals going through its site in October than September.
Moneysupermarket shares rose 24.7p to 179.7p.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Isis releases first video showing the stoning of woman accused of committing adultery as her father shouts 'don't call me Dad'
Diwali: What is the festival of lights – and how is it celebrated around the world?
Nathan Cirillo: Final pictures emerge of soldier moments before he was shot dead by Ottowa gunman
Ottawa shootings: Terror strikes Canadian capital as attacks leave one soldier and one suspect dead
iJobs Money & Business
£350 - £360 per day: Ashdown Group: SQL Developer with T-SQL, Watford, Hertfor...
120-150k: Accountancy Action: We are looking for an experienced CFO from a min...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + bonus & benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Business Syste...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: The SThree group is a world le...