Europe is a letdown for Heineken
Wednesday 13 February 2013
Western Europe was the only one of the brewer Heineken's regions to see a fall in sales as austerity measures and pay cuts took their toll on drinkers.
Sales fell 6.8 per cent in Europe but grew 7.9 per cent in the Americas and 9.8 per cent in Africa, leading to an overall rise of 7.4 per cent to €18.4bn (£15.8bn). Net profits grew 1.6 per cent to €1.7bn. Heineken, whose brands include Desperados, Strongbow Gold and Sol, said it made cost savings of €196m in 2012.
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
£50000 - £667000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / ...
£13000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Scotland's leading life insuran...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Training Programme Manag...