Facebook hit by slowdown in US growth
Wednesday 13 June 2012
Facebook investors endured another dose of bad news yesterday as it emerged that its pace of growth is slowing in its main market of the US.
Although it remains hugely popular, with 158 million users in the country, the number of unique visitors rose just 5 per cent in April – the slowest rate since market research group Comscore started collating data in 2008.
The annual pace of growth in the amount of time people spent on the site also slowed, from 23 per cent last April to 16 per cent, bringing the total up to six hours a month. Facebook floated at $38 a share on 18 May but the shares are currently trading at just below $28.
Have shock jocks gone too far?
Former Google exec says he has 100,000 emails showing how 'immoral' company avoids paying UK tax
Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
World news in pictures
British man confesses to slitting two children's throats in Lyon flat
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Sourcing Manager - Banking - London - Up to £500p...
To be discussed at interview.: Queen Elizabeth's School: An experienced and ef...
£294.05 - £330.92 per day + 150 per day travel and accommodation: Orgtel: A le...