Falkland Islands oil survey launched

Click to follow
The Independent Online

The vessel GSI Admiral sets sail today at the start of a five-month seismic survey of the oil-bearing prospects around the Falkland Islands on behalf of Falkland Oil & Gas.

The vessel GSI Admiral sets sail today at the start of a five-month seismic survey of the oil-bearing prospects around the Falkland Islands on behalf of Falkland Oil & Gas.

Geophysical Services Incorporated (GSI) was already contracted to undertake the first 2D seismic survey for more than 10 years on Falkland Oil's initial licence area of 33,000 sq km, where it has a 77.5 per cent stake. The other 22.5 per cent is owned by Hardman Resources. Now GSI will extend its search to an additional 50,000 sq km awarded solely to Falkland Oil on 7 December.

Comments