Fashion chief Peter Ruis makes exit from John Lewis
Peter Ruis, the man who moved John Lewis's clothing away from Are You Being Served? to become a draw for fashionistas, yesterday quit as buying and brand director of the partnership.
Mr Ruis is to take on the top job at Jigsaw as chief executive after nine years at John Lewis and an earlier spell at Marks & Spencer.
Paula Nickolds, who joined John Lewis as a graduate trainee, will replace Mr Ruis, moving from her current role as buying director for its home division. She will take up her new position on 1 September.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
UK weather: Two dead and 100,000 homes without power as 100mph storm batters Scotland – now biggest tidal surge in 60 years threatens east coast
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
iJobs Money & Business
£90000 - £120000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Global Director of Infrastructur...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Associate Dire...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with a strong understanding o...
£50000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Whilst the Real Estate sector was suffering thi...