Fine Bordeaux wine matures well for investors expecting a 16% return
Sunday 04 July 2010
Investors in the 2005 vintage of the Wine Investment Fund are set to double their money this year, as physical goods continue to outperform the labouring equities markets.
Over the five-year life of the fund, which invests in cases of the finest wines of the Bordeaux region, investors are expected to reap an annualised return of more than 16 per cent.
William Grey, an investment manager for the fund, said that this result was similar to the first fund which matured in 2008 and made an annualised 15.84 per cent net of fees. Even the 2004 fund, which was hit by the credit crunch, brought yearly returns of more than 13 per cent.
"We looked long and hard for an asset class that had a low correlation to equities," said Mr Grey, explaining that wine should perform well when the stock market slips. We advise people to invest the last five-to-10 per cent of their portfolios in wines."
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
iJobs Money & Business
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
Not specified: Selby Jennings: Quantitative Research | Global Equity | New Yor...
Not specified: Selby Jennings: SVP Model Validation This top tiered investment...
Highly Competitive: Selby Jennings: Our client, a leading European Oil trading...