First-quarter results this week
Sunday 12 June 2011
Tesco is set to report this week on first-quarter trading.
Stockbrokers Panmure Gordon expects better news for the new Tesco chief executive, Philip Clarke, with Tesco reporting a return to like-for-like sales growth in the UK in the first quarter, but flat like-for-like sales in Europe, a 2.5 per cent rise in Asia and double-digit growth in the US. Sainsbury's is also due to report. The markets are awaiting the debut interim management statement from Glencore, the commodity trading behemoth, on Tuesday. Mulberry, the luxury retailer, will report a strong full-year profit this week. The British business, like other luxury goods groups, has benefited from an influx of overseas tourists to its London shops.
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Market Research Executive...