Food price rises at five-month low
Food price inflation was at its lowest for five months in February, at 3.5 per cent, but less discounting by non-food chains after January resulted in another jump in overall price rises.
Annual shop price inflation rose by 0.5 of a percentage point to 1.1 per cent last month, which was the lowest figure since September's 1 per cent, according to the British Retail Consortium and Nielsen survey.
Helen Dickinson, the BRC's director general, said: "Food inflation has fallen to a five-month low, a sign that past falls in commodities such as wheat and corn are continuing to filter through."
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 Pensioner James Gray places advert in newspaper for company on Christmas Day
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Risk Managemen...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: This is a new role offering the successful can...
£250 - £300 per day: Harrington Starr: Help drive the design, utilization and ...
£32000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Desktop Support (client facing, 1st/2nd Li...