Food shop creates inhouse treats
Tuesday 17 January 2012
Hotel Chocolat will today open the UK's first shop that sells and makes chocolate under one roof.
The chocolatier's store in London's Covent Garden will show customers how cocoa beans are roasted and ground in a "conch" to create chocolate. Angus Thirlwell, the chief executive of the 60-store chain, said: "This is the only shop of its kind in the UK." Hotel Chocolat posted sales growth in December, which he described as a "resilient performance".
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.