Four held in terror probe
Four men were being questioned today on suspicion of instigating acts of terrorism, police said.
Dorset Police and the UK Border Agency initially arrested five men in their 20s and 30s and a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of illegal entry into the UK in Ashley Road in Parkstone, Poole, on 9 December.
Following an investigation, four of those, including the youth, were later arrested under section 40 (1)(b) of the Terrorism Act 2000 dealing with the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
On Saturday, a district judge at Bournemouth Magistrates Court granted officers permission to extend their detention until Thursday.
The four were then taken to a police station outside Dorset for further questioning.
A Dorset Police spokesman said: "While the investigation is continuing there is currently no identified threat of any risk or harm to the people of Dorset or the United Kingdom."
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A global leader operating...
£27 - 35k + Bonus + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Management Accountant is needed ...
£40-50k + Benefits.: Guru Careers: A Project Manager / Business Analyst is nee...