Four held in terror probe
Four men were being questioned today on suspicion of instigating acts of terrorism, police said.
Dorset Police and the UK Border Agency initially arrested five men in their 20s and 30s and a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of illegal entry into the UK in Ashley Road in Parkstone, Poole, on 9 December.
Following an investigation, four of those, including the youth, were later arrested under section 40 (1)(b) of the Terrorism Act 2000 dealing with the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
On Saturday, a district judge at Bournemouth Magistrates Court granted officers permission to extend their detention until Thursday.
The four were then taken to a police station outside Dorset for further questioning.
A Dorset Police spokesman said: "While the investigation is continuing there is currently no identified threat of any risk or harm to the people of Dorset or the United Kingdom."
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
- 3 Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £75000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Business Anal...
£60000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Global leading Energy Tra...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: CXL, Triple Po...
£45000 - £75000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Harrington Sta...