Gas bill rises to boost Centrica
Thursday 18 November 2010
Centrica predicted its profits would beat City expectations of £2.2bn this year, just days after it said it was putting up prices for British Gas customers.
Earlier this month, Centrica-owned British Gas said it would raise bills by 7 per cent on 10 December, blaming a 25 per cent increase in wholesale gas prices.
But energy analysts have questioned the price rises announced by Centrica and by its rival SSE. "There are no obvious reasons why energy companies should be raising retail prices this winter... prices have risen from the lows that we saw back in March, but they still remain well below historic levels for this time of the year," said Andrew Horstead at Utilyx.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Trenton Oldfield deportation: Boat Race protester allowed to stay in UK over fears his Indian wife would face racism in Australia
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Support Analyst (Back Office, CRM, Sharepo...
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Bonus, Package : Harrington Starr: Busin...