German stores to launch Paul Smith expansion in Europe
Thursday 14 February 2013
The British designer Sir Paul Smith is stepping up the global expansion of his fashion label and has just made his first German investment.
Paul Smith will open in Hamburg's upmarket Hohe Bleichen and will follow this with stores in Munich and Berlin. The property agent Harper Dennis Hobbs has been hired to search for European stores with a focus on Germany, Switzerland and Scandinavia and hopes to open up to 10 shops in the medium term in the region.
The designer hails from Nottingham and opened his first shop there in 1970. Last year the brand agreed a franchise deal with ImagineX Group to open 24 stores in China. It has already opened in Hong Kong and Tianjin with Shanghai and Beijing to follow shortly.
In Europe the group, famous for its colourful striped designs, has relocated to a larger Paris shop and opened its first womenswear shop. It has three stores in the French capital and 19 in the UK.
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider of web based m...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Secretary (Sales Team Support) - Mat...
Competitive (DOE): Guru Careers: We are looking for an Assistant Management Ac...
£600 - £700 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Investment Accounting Change...