German stores to launch Paul Smith expansion in Europe
The British designer Sir Paul Smith is stepping up the global expansion of his fashion label and has just made his first German investment.
Paul Smith will open in Hamburg's upmarket Hohe Bleichen and will follow this with stores in Munich and Berlin. The property agent Harper Dennis Hobbs has been hired to search for European stores with a focus on Germany, Switzerland and Scandinavia and hopes to open up to 10 shops in the medium term in the region.
The designer hails from Nottingham and opened his first shop there in 1970. Last year the brand agreed a franchise deal with ImagineX Group to open 24 stores in China. It has already opened in Hong Kong and Tianjin with Shanghai and Beijing to follow shortly.
In Europe the group, famous for its colourful striped designs, has relocated to a larger Paris shop and opened its first womenswear shop. It has three stores in the French capital and 19 in the UK.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...