Germany seeks extension to wrangle over BAE-EADS deal
The German government is pushing for the deadline for discussions over the proposed BAE and Eads mega-merger to be put back as political issues threaten to overwhelm the deal.
Thomas De Maziere, the German defence minister, said yesterday that there were too many details to be ironed out in the highly charged £30bn merger to formalise a deal by the tight 10 October deadline. The Takeover Panel set that date for an announcement, 28 days after news was leaked of the talks to create a pan-European aerospace and defence champion.
Noting that the panel can grant an extension, Mr De Maziere said: "Perhaps we need more time. It depends on the answers for our questions and so I think we need more time."
Those "questions" are likely to involve "golden shares" and the political influence that the German and French governments can wield.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£23500 per annum: Harrington Starr: Graduate Software Support Analyst (Compute...
£25000 per annum: Harrington Starr: IT Infrastructure Engineer (Desktop, Linux...