Glencore closes in on Vittera
Tuesday 20 March 2012
The commodities giant Glencore has moved a step closer to getting its hands on the Canadian wheat and grains firm Vittera as takeover talks reached a crucial stage.
Vittera confirmed yesterday it is in "exclusive negotiations" with a buyer but declined to name the suitor. Glencore and two Canadian agricultural firms, Agrium and Richardson International, are thought to be behind the move for Vittera, which is valued at C$6bn (£3.8bn). There is speculation is that Glencore would be the main buyer and then sell off parts to the two other firms.
Trading in Vittera shares was suspended in Toronto ahead of a decision, with an announcement possible today. Glencore declined to comment. Shares in Glencore rose 2.2p to 420.45p.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
iJobs Money & Business
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers a range of ...
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer Service Advisors are r...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree were established in 1986....
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...