Goal costs Ladbrokes
Friday 03 August 2012
Sergio Aguero's goal in the 94th minute of the last game of the football season clinched the title for Manchester City – and cost Ladbrokes £3m in payouts.
That's one figure from the half-year results at the bookie, which is under fire for failing to capitalise on the rush to internet and mobile-phone betting.
Richard Ames, product director, was ousted this week, taking the blame for the seemingly botched strategy that has left it trailing arch-rival William Hill in the digital stakes.
Mr Ames will get more than £500,000 in compensation.
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Family of man named as 'Jihadi John' described by neighbours as 'normal Muslim family'
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
Mohammed Emwazi: Man identified as Isis killer 'Jihadi John' 'stopped by MI5' while on safari holiday in Africa in 2010
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
iJobs Money & Business
£22,000 - £25,000: Christine McCleave: Are you looking for a new opportunity i...
£60,000 - £70,000: Loren Hughes: Are you a qualified accountant looking for a ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Are you looking to join a finance team shrouded in th...
£35,000: Anna Woodward: My client is a leader in the Superyacht design industr...