Great Portland joins the big Old Street rush with £30m buy
Thursday 04 April 2013
Great Portland Estates has joined the property industry's rush into Old Street's Silicon Roundabout by spending £30m on the Post Office's headquarters.
GPE's Great Ropemaker Partnership, a 50/50 joint venture with the BP Pension Fund, has bought 148 Old Street from the sole ownership of the BP fund. The deal underlines the buzz around east London's growing "tech belt", after rival property firm Derwent last month committed to build its new White Collar Factory there. The No 148 building is let to Royal Mail, which pays £2.1m a year in rent, but it is now occupied by the Post Office, which was hived off in April last year.
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
NEGOTIABLE: Austen Lloyd: TRUST ACCOUNTANT - KENTIf you are a Chartered Accou...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + OTE £30000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 b...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - Law Costs Draftsperson - NICHE...