Greggs is gloomy over same-store sales
Friday 12 October 2012
Greggs, Britain's biggest food-on-the-go seller, has warned it expects same-store sales to continue falling for the rest of this year.
New store openings and growing sales through alternative outlets helped to raise sales by 5.9 per cent in the 14 weeks to 6 October. But sales from shops open for at least 12 months declined by 2.6 per cent.
Its chief executive Ken McMeikan said: "Customers are spending just as much when they come into our shops but they are coming in less frequently as they try to rein in their spending.
"We are also pushing promotions like the £2 breakfast deal, which we sold two million of in the 14 weeks."
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...