GW shares get buzz from cannabis
Wednesday 09 May 2012
GW Pharmaceuticals yesterday saw its cannabis-based pain-relief medicine approved in another 10 European countries, sending its shares up nearly 2 per cent.
Sativex, which is approved for use by MS sufferers and is being tested to see whether it could help cancer patients, is already on pharmacy shelves in the UK, Spain, Germany and Denmark, and being prepared for sale in Italy, Sweden, Austria and Czech Republic.
Now GW Pharma said it has received recommendation for approval in another 10 countries — Belgium, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal and Slovakia. Their launches are expected to start at the end of this year.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
attractive: Citifocus: and complete all required maintenance, to monitor and c...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Operations Analyst (SQL, UNIX, L...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...