Heathrow passenger numbers go soaring to a record
The number of passengers passing through Heathrow’s terminals hit a record high of 5.6 million in December as demand for European, Middle East and east Asian flights soared.
It took the total number of fliers using the country’s busiest airport to nearly 70 million in 2012. Heathrow said the 2 per cent growth in passengers in December on the previous year echoed the fortunes of the global economy. North America, which accounts for around a quarter of Heathrow’s traffic, was the main driver, rising 3.2 per cent in 2012. Europe, which makes up around 40 per cent of traffic and is Heathrow’s largest market, grew just 0.5 per cent last year.
Other airports in the group formerly known as BAA had mixed fortunes: Glasgow and Aberdeen airports saw passenger numbers rise by 4.2 per cent and 8.3 per cent across the 12 months, but Southampton had a 3.9 per cent decline to 1.7 million.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...