Hoberman raises £6m
Wednesday 11 January 2012
Lastminute.com's founder Brent Hoberman was celebrating yesterday after his latest start-up – the online furniture sales firm Made.com – raised £6m in a second round of funding.
The New York-based investment house Level Equity has led the fund raising, and was joined by PROfounders Capital, the London venture capital firm in which Mr Hoberman is a partner.
Ning Li, Made's 29-year-old chief executive, founded the company in 2010, with Mr Hoberman serving as chairman.
The Notting Hill-based company sells designer furniture at what it claims are "accessible factory prices" and has already collaborated with artists such as Damien Hirst, the Chapman Brothers and Ai Weiwei.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...