Hotels scion branches out into day care with new venture
Tuesday 19 March 2013
Evros Stakis, the son of the late hotels magnate Sir Reo Stakis, is planning to open a chain of 80 day care nurseries across the UK.
Stakis Day Care Nurseries, which is being backed by the Government's Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, is being launched to take advantage of the growing demand for childcare in the country.
Mr Stakis, pictured, who will be president of the nurseries company, said: "My family's philosophy has always been about ensuring the highest possible standards for our staff and guests in both the hotel and residential care sectors. I see this development as an extension of that caring philosophy.
"As we continue to look after families in their leisure time so we are now going to look after their children to enable parents to work to provide the best possible future for them."
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...