Imagination's Chinese boost
Wednesday 12 December 2012
Surging demand for cheap, low-end smartphones in China is driving growth at Imagination Technologies, the designer of chips and graphic processors in Apple's iPhone and iPad, which says it is also seeing signs of recovery in the West.
"I think we are truly beginning to see the first signs that things are going to get better in the consumer space," said chief executive Hossein Yassaie, despite recent fears about a triple-dip recession in the UK.
Revenues rose 27 per cent to £71.4m in the six months to October. Pre-tax profits were flat at £10.4m.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...