IMF warns on threat to China's growth
Tuesday 07 February 2012
China's soaring growth rate could be cut in half this year if Europe's debt crisis worsens significantly, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) warned yesterday.
Based on the IMF's "downside" forecast for the global economy, China's growth could drop by as much as 4 percentage points this year from its current forecast of 8.2 per cent, according to a new report from the organisation's Beijing office.
China, the world's second-biggest economy, has been cutting interest rates to fight inflation over the past 18 months but a worst-case scenario in the eurozone would warrant "significant" fiscal stimulus, the IMF said.
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £700 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Investment Accounting Change...
£450 - £650 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...
£350 - £400 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Analyst, ALM Data, Halifax, ...
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Java developer - Banking - London - Up to £600/d...